Friday 7 October 2011

MY LOVE OF LETTERS

So, in this modern world of the internet it is very easy to forget how nice it can be to receive REAL post..... I do not mean nasty bills....yuk.....oh no, I mean a handwritten letter from an old friend or much loved family member.
It is for this reason that I allow myself the guilty pleasure of nice stationery, I go for glitter, flowers, hearts and most of all......I add a little 'sender' label on the back of the envelope that is seasonally planned.

Currently I am using the little halloween pumpkin labels, seeing as it's October and nearly time to trick or treat!
I don't think i write nearly as many proper letters as I should, however, I am intending to write many more.

I have letters that were sent to me when I was a little girl, and love to look back through them, it tells the story of my life, and reminds me of so many happy memories.
I have letters from people that are no longer here, and that makes me smile.
my last word on this, please write a letter......imagine the joy when it arrives, and think how nice it will be to get one back.


live,laugh,love x

No comments:

Post a Comment